Important: Server 5.1 Upgrade Issue
Upgrading to Server 5.1 may disable the Rouncube WebApp, follow this link for the fix.
Why did Server 5.1 break Roundcube Webmail ?
What’s new in version 1.1.4?
- Roundcube Webmail 1.1.4
- El Capitan and Server 5 support (SIP compliant)
- Updated MCrypt installer (SIP compliant)
- Updated managesieve (mail filtering, vacation auto-responder)
Optional plugins (automatically configured)
- Plugin: CardDAV Address Book
- Plugin: HTML5 Desktop Notifications
- Plugin: Multiple message selection
- Plugin: Image Paster (paste clipboard images directly into message)
Why we made this installer
Mac OS X Server administrators usually wear many hats (entrepreneur, designer, etc.). We choose the Mac expecting it to have a nice GUI interface and all our basic needs to be met out of the box.
Apple used to provide webmail services in earlier versions of OS X Server (10.7 and earlier). For reasons unknown, webmail was dropped in 10.8 leaving it up to administrators to roll their own solution.
An OS X Server administrator with a Unix background could jump through all the hoops in a couple of hours – but lets face it, most OS X Server administrators would be stuck facing a day or more of tutorials, articles and frustration to get webmail working on their server.
As consultants specializing in mail services for OS X Server, we found ourselves repeating the same steps over and over with each new server installation. So we decided to apply our rule of thumb: if a repeatable process takes more than 30 minutes – document, automate and share.
What does the installer do?
Our installer for Roundcube for OS X Server installs Roundcube Webmail as a simple WebApp available to any website configured inside Server.app. When the WebApp is enabled (by default, its enabled for all sites), you can access webmail by adding
/roundcube to your website URL.
Furthermore and if you haven’t already done so yourself, MCrypt (a requirement for Roundcube) is installed.
The Roundcube database is initialized. A core set of plugins is installed along with a choice of optional plugins. The finer details like: permissions,
php.ini settings, apache config are all updated. Updated files are backed up and the process is logged to
Please browse our FAQs for answers to most questions.
- Why did Server 5.1 break Roundcube Webmail ?
- What is installed with Roundcube for OS X Server and how do I remove it?
- How do I enable/disable plugins?
- What does Roundcube log and how do I access the logs?
- What are HTML5 desktop notifications and how do I use them?
- What does the Image Paster plugin do?
- What does the Multiple Message Selection plugin do?
- OS X 10.11.x (El Capitan with OS X Server 5.x)
- OS X 10.10.x (Yosemite with OS X Server 4.x or 5.x)
- Mac OS X Server 10.9.x (Mavericks with Server.app 3.x)
- Mac OS X Server 10.8.3+. (Mountain Lion withServer app 2.x)
The topicdesk Roundcube installer is a free download.