What’s new in version 1.3.6?
- Roundcube Webmail 1.3.6
- High Sierra and Server 5.6 compatible
- Improved automatic congiguration of CardDav plugin
- Mac OS X Server 10.8.3 w/ Server 2.x – through -> 10.13.x High Sierra w/ Server.app 5.6.x
Why we made this installer
Mac OS X Server administrators usually wear many hats (entrepreneur, designer, etc.). We choose the Mac expecting it to have a nice GUI interface and all our basic needs to be met out of the box.
Apple used to provide webmail services in earlier versions of OS X Server (10.7 and earlier). For reasons unknown, webmail was dropped in 10.8 leaving it up to administrators to roll their own solution.
An OS X Server administrator with a Unix background could jump through all the hoops in a couple of hours – but lets face it, most OS X Server administrators would be stuck facing a day or more of tutorials, articles and frustration to get webmail working on their server.
As consultants specializing in mail services for OS X Server, we found ourselves repeating the same steps over and over with each new server installation. So we decided to apply our rule of thumb: if a repeatable process takes more than 30 minutes – document, automate and share.
What does the installer do?
Our installer for Roundcube for OS X Server installs Roundcube Webmail as a simple WebApp available to any website configured inside Server.app. When the WebApp is enabled (by default, its enabled for all sites), you can access webmail by adding
/roundcube to your website URL.
Please browse our FAQs for answers to most questions.
- Why did Server 5.1 break Roundcube Webmail ?
- What is installed with Roundcube for OS X Server and how do I remove it?
- How do I enable/disable plugins?
- What does Roundcube log and how do I access the logs?
The topicdesk Roundcube installer is a free download.